Friday, March 6, 2009

Lunch with Grandma Hall


This afternoon I met up with my Mom and Grandma and went to lunch with them at A&W's in Smithfield. During the meal I brought up that a couple of nights ago my roommates and I got on a website where we all designed our dream wedding ring. I then told my grandma that Emily's ring was really pretty and was about $2300, then I asked her what she thought my dream ring would cost. At first she avoided the question talking about how her first right was only about $400 but I promptly reminded her of my question and she spat out the figure of $4000. Before I told her my mom assured grandma that it was a really pretty ring, it's just a rather large diamond. So I finally told her that it was around $7100 and quicker than a cat my grandma said, and I quote, "You aren't worth it!" Now when my grandma says something that she knows is funny she starts to laugh quietly at first and then her body starts to shake, and she finally will start to burst out in laughter.....and that is just what she did. I am not real sure how I am supposed to take this since she once told me that she loves me, which she doesn't verbalize often. Oh I love my Grandma!!!!

2 comments:

Krista Payne said...

Gorgeous. I hope you get that ring~

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I concur with Grandma.....you may only be worth a 'Wal-mart' special, if ya know what I mean. :)