Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Festival of Colors

This past weekend I went down to Spanish Fork with two of my good friends Kenzie Lawlor and Katie Clyde. The reason was so that we could attend the Festival of Colors, it is a day where the immigrants from India celebrate Spring. They light a huge bom fire, say some chant and then we all throw ground up dyed chalk into the air. We obvisiouly got covered from head to toe with chalk and at some points it was really really hard to breath, but I can't think of a better way to welcome Spring!!!!

6 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

Maybe we should do that in Logan and it just might be spring!

Krista Payne said...

Very interesting I didn't know that India did that. By the way you models look glamorous in those colors!
Lisa, those tortillas were just as good as they looked. I knew you were dying for the answer.

Krista Payne said...

By the way does chalk come out of clothes really well??

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

umm...thanks for coming all the way down here and not stopping by. You are now on my list!

Honeybee said...

Did you see the Amazing Race when they did that last year? It was funny! You look great.

Dan Kettle said...

Awesome pictures ha I almost went to that. Looks like you had a blast. Hope your doing well. Aloha