Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trying to be Domestic

A couple of weeks ago I watched a segment on Studio 5 on domesticating some old frames and it made me really want to do it. So later that afternoon I drove myself down to the wonderful D.I. and found these treasures. Then with the help of my sister-in-law Melissa I transformed them by first priming, painting and then glazing. I really love how they turned out, but now I just have to figure out what the heck to do with them! Any Suggestions?!!!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Those look really good! I'm impressed :) I think you should... do the same anitqued finish to some plates or some objects of some sort, and put them in the frame! So, hang up the frame, then hang up the object onto the wall, inside the frame. Or you could paint the objects a solid color that would go with the frames, or the room it's in. It would make for a cool effect. Maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, I've been wanting to do that for quite some time! But it would be sweet, and great ideas need to be shared, usually. :)