Saturday, June 25, 2011

DIY Weekend


Okay so I was recently was introduced to Pinterest and have fallen in love! I found so many cute things that I want to make and so this weekend I decided to try my hand at a couple.
The first one I did was a paint chip garland. I went to Lowe's and grabbed a handful of red, white and blue chips, went home cut them into triangles and strung them on a string. I think that it turned out super cute.
Then I went and got some 4th of July paper at Carolee's Creations, cut it up, folding them up, tapped them together and then hung them with paper clips. So I may be biased, but I think that it turned out pretty cute.
A couple of weekends ago I found a table along side the road in Lewiston with a sign that said "Free", so of course I picked it up. Today I was finally able to fix it up.
I forgot to take a picture of it before I started but it was just a beat up table that was stained from top to bottom. I started out sanding it and then I painted the legs a cream and then to finish I put a dark stain on the top. I think that it turned out super cute and am really pleased!

Tada!

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

Oh, Aunt Ally would be so proud of you & the red, white & blue garland. Way to go Lis & I love Pinterest too !!