Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The District of Columbia

My trip to D.C. was such a blast. We spent Friday going to a lot of the museums, seeing the monuments and cruising around the National Mall. Saturday we went on a tour of the White House, went to the D.C. Temple and went to this cool little town in West Virginia called Harpers Ferry where Robert Brown and his sons led a raid during the Civil War. Sunday we went to church then headed over to Arlington, and the National Cathedral. Monday we went on a tour of the Capitol and went to the Library of Congress and Supreme Court Building. It was such a fun trip but now I am so worn out that I need a vacation from my vacation!
Me in front of the Capitol.
Lindsey and I in the Rotunda.
Me with the original cornerstone that George Washington laid for the Capitol Building.
This is the room below the Rotunda and I am standing on the center point of DC, all roads come out of that point.
Lindsey, Me and Amanda in a garden below the National Cathedral.
Arlington
The amphitheater at Arlington, this is where the Presidents give their Memorial Day Speeches.
DC Temple
Harpers Ferry
Above Harper's Ferry
Cool glass dress at the Smithsonian National Galleria.
Oh Hey Obama! So I did meet a member of the first family.....BO the dog! He was just playing fetch with his trainer in the backyard during my tour.
Lincoln....what a gem.
Washington Monument
Went on a walk with the Bush's.
Saw Michelle and Barack, I just gave them a love.
National Cathedral
The whole gang above Harper's Ferry.
The gang at Arlington at Robert E. Lee's House which is at the top of Arlington.
Harper's Ferry.
Wahoo for Jefferson.
The matching tourist group waiting for the metro.

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Looks like fun. I bet your folks just loved your Obama picture. Ü

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I'm glad you got back safely and that you and Lindsay weren't arrested for your shenanigans. :)